If you own a Yamaha Raptor 250R or any ATV for that matter, you should learn how to service its air filter. But before that, you need to understand what its functions are. The air filter plays a crucial part in protecting the engine. As its name suggests, it is the part of your ATV that filters our dirt or dust from the air, preventing it from entering the engine. Why is it important for dust not to penetrate through to the engine? Simple. It's because even a tiny amount of dirt can lead to a fast cylinder wear and excessive oil consumption. It doesn't matter if your Yamaha Raptor is old or new. This can happen regardless of your Raptor's age.
Here's how you should service the air filter of your Yamaha Raptor 250R to prevent this from taking place.
1. Remove the filter from your Yamaha Raptor. Then, remove the foam cage from the filter guide.
2. Soak the foam cage in solvent for a couple of minutes so the oil collected could be broken down. Then, rinse it in solvent to get rid of most of the dirt.
3. Gently squeeze out the remaining solvent and wash the foam cage in soapy water. Warm water, better. Afterwards, rinse again but this time in clean water. Squeeze the water out and let the foam cage dry.
4. Apply a good amount of Yamaha foam filter oil to the cage. Make sure that it completely saturates the foam. Gently squeeze out excess oil.
5. Install the foam cage back onto the filter guide and put the end cap back. Reinstall the air filter assembly into your Yamaha Raptor 250R!
It's that easy. Remember that your vehicle may run a little sluggish right after this servicing but there's no need to worry. It's perfectly normal. Give it a few minutes and it will run like usual again.
I am Kelly Carson Miller, currently living in Los Angeles, California. I am an ATV fanatic especially the new Yamaha Raptor 250R [http://www.atvjapan.com/] and I'm planning to buy it. I also owned its predecessor, the Yamaha Raptor 250 or the Raptor 250. I think the Yamaha raptor 250R is the best ATV today. Anyways, hope you enjoy my articles and I also do hope they're great help to you!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kelly_C_Miller
Home Repair Tips
- Vehicle Repair -
- 2007 - 2008 -
Search Motorcyle Repair
How To Tighten Yamaha Raptor 660R Chain
Search Motorcyle Repair
Yamaha Raptor 660R Chain
Yamaha Raptor Repair Topics:
How To Service a Yamaha Raptor 250R's Air Filter
By Kelly C Miller
The dirt that is filtered out usually builds up on the surface of the air filter. As it collects on the filter, it increases your vehicle's resistance to flow. If there's too much dirt on it, at one point the dirt or dust will pass through the filter causing harm to your engine.
More Repair Topics
03 Yamaha Raptor